Monday 22 October 2012

First bad run

Went out last night very optimistic about upping my run time from 5 to 8 min intervals. Started ok but got a pain in my side a few minutes into the first run. I cut it short by a couple of minutes but even after walking for a while, it still hurt too much to run again.
This has been building up slowly from when I started. Unfortunately it feels very much like the hernia I had before but in a different place. Think a trip to the doctor is in order. Not going to do my training any favours.
Feel quite down about it because I've been doing so well up until now. Trying to stay positive and hope it's just a pulled muscle or something.

Update 23/10/12
Ok, been googling running injuries and this seems quite common. Going to rest for a few days, exercise my lower back and maybe get some new trainers. Hopefully this will all help.

No comments:

Post a Comment